ALZAD—World of Food Pavilion in Collaboration with the Ministry of Future Food Security
Our relationship with food is one of the most interesting aspects of being human. In collaboration with Her Excellency Mariam bint Mohammed Al Mehairi, Minister of State for Future Food Security, premieres with the Ministry of Food Security, ALZAD Pavilion: World of Food premieres at this year’s edition of the Mother of the Nation Festival. Through consciously curated experiences, it explores the impact of our nutritional choices on our bodies and the environment.
Set in a large, natural space, this unique exhibition in content and design brings us face-to-face with the realities of food production process today. It shows how the traditional, low waste methods practiced by our ancestors, in sync with the environment, have given way to the current mass-production and high waste trends in the industry.
6 fascinating zones take the visitor on an immersive journey:
- Legacy - Highlights how food both reflects and affects the Emirati culture and traditions.
- The Falaj - Explains the traditional irrigation systems of the UAE and its significance to local agriculture.
- Locally Grown - Traces the growth of the nation’s food sector and showcases products from UAE farms.
- Nutrition - Reasserts the importance of food by showing the different nutrients locked inside it.
- Challenges - Points out how individual food choices can create challenges such as imbalances in food supply and food waste.
- Innovative Solutions - Proposes innovative programmes from the UAE and the global community.
It is a holistic way of presenting food, from the role of nutrition in personal well-being to our collective responsibilities that can shape a healthy and sustainable society. While the topics are serious and important, the knowledge is shared in a fun and accessible environment, in easy-to-understand bite-sized portions.
This exhibition promises an enjoyable and thought-provoking discovery of food, and is suitable for visitors of all ages.